Are you a paediatric OT looking to work with private clients? Join our occupational therapy team as a consultant – make a difference!
- Consultant occupational therapist – children and young people
- Based in Manchester
- Supporting and facilitating rehabilitation and life adjustments for those affected by complex disabilities
- Contract negotiable according to skills and experience
About the role:
This challenging and rewarding role is ideally suited to an HCPC registered paediatric OT with at least 5 years’ experience of working in neuro rehabilitation and/or equipment & adaptations.
Occupational therapy with our clients can include:
- carrying out comprehensive assessments and reports with recommendations
- setting realistic client centred goals
- using play and purposeful activities to engage the child and maximise their independence
- assessing housing and equipment needs
- considering any sensory difficulties through functional activity and play
- working closely with statutory organisations including NHS and local education authorities
- using evidence based outcome measures
- you are a qualified occupational therapist registered to practice in the UK
- you have experience in neuro rehabilitation and/or equipment & adaptations
- you are passionate about your work, organised and have an eye for detail
- you have an interest in or knowledge of the medico legal sector
- you possess the ability to clearly explain and present assessment findings and recommendations
- “ there is strong leadership, culture and ethos”
- “ we receive praise and recognition”
- “ our work is client centred”
- “ we are respected in our sector ”
- “ we feel well cared for”
- “ we do a serious job but there is still a place for humour and fun ”
(what JSP team members say – March 2016)
If you are interested in working with us, we’d love to hear from you.
Please contact Denise Slack, clinical lead – occupational therapy, on 0114 229 0100 or firstname.lastname@example.org to apply or find out more.