For patients recovering from surgery, injury or stroke, the AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill offers a revolutionary approach to rehabilitation – the ability to defy gravity and work towards regaining function without pain.
Developed with innovative technology from NASA, AlterG provides the opportunity to exercise through injury and rehabilitate more quickly. AlterG’s unique unweighting technology reduces the impact of walking or running while your body goes through the normal healing process.
AlterG’s unique differential air pressure technology provides accurate, safe and comfortable partial weight-bearing therapy while promoting normal gait patterns, helping to avoid bad habits that may lead to further injury.
Accurate Programmes and Monitoring
The ability to reduce gravity’s impact by selecting any weight between 20% and 100% of an individuals body weight by 1% increments means programmes can be tailored specifically to individual requirements. Physiotherapists have a precise way to track patient progress, keeping patients engaged and motivated during rehab.
AlterG helps a broad spectrum of people from top level athletes, orthopeadic and neurological patients, the elderly and those looking to lose weight – to achieve their personal health, wellness or performance goals.
Summary of Benefits:
- Rehabilitate lower extremity injuries with less pain and less impact while maintaining a normal gait.
- Reduce the stress to joints and muscles on injured areas of the lower body
- Personalised programmes and accurate monitoring – individuals can select any weight between 20% and 100% of their body weight by 1% increments.
- Confidence and ability to run or walk longer and recover faster with less pain
- Improves mobility, strength and safety for those with neurological conditions
- Reduces the risk of further injury, which may enable patients to heal faster.
- Provide a safe way to lose weight and exercise more intensively while unweighted
- Recover effectively and with less pain after training or competition
AlterG Anti Gravity Sessions at The Royal Buckinghamshire Hospital
AlterG sessions are available on an Outpatient basis. All sessions are supervised by HCPC registered Physiotherapists.
This unique technology is also part of our comprehensive in-patient rehabilitation programmes where applicable.
Call 01296 678800 to Book Your Session Now!